Please complete the online application below (preferred), or
Have you ever fostered a cat for a rescue organization in the past? If so, please provide the organization's name.
Please briefly describe why you would like to foster a cat.
Do you live in a house, apartment, or condominium?
Do you own, or rent? If you rent, does your landlord allow pets? Please include landlord's name and contact information.
How many people, other than you, live in your household?
What are their relationships to you?
Are they supportive of you fostering a cat?
Please list other pets in your home: species, name(s), age(s).
Do they live indoors or outdoors?
Do they have experience living with cats?
Are they spayed/neutered (if no, why not?)
Are their vaccinations up to date?
Please include the name of your current Vet and Veterinary Clinic.
Do you work outside the home?
How many hours a day (on average) will the cat you are caring for, be left alone?
When the cat has to be left alone, do you have any provisions to ensure the cat's safety?
Do you use PineSol, Lysol, or any other cleaning products which contain the following chemical ingredients:
- isopropyl alcohol
If so, are you willing to stop using these products?
Each animal in our program has undergone an assessment prior to being placed into a foster home. It’s important to us that you, the other people in your household, and any other pets that may be in your household, are not uncomfortable or at risk at any time as a result of taking on a foster for The Last Chance Cat Ranch.
Fostering is usually for the time period the animal is in care up to their adoption. Shorter foster situations are possible in some situations. The Last Chance Cat Ranch tries to avoid placing an animal in several foster homes as this can cause stress, instability issues, etc..
All costs involved (food, supplies, veterinarian costs are covered by The Last Chance Cat Ranch); although some foster homes do supply food & treats as a form of donation.
PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT ANY SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OR CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE.
***CONDITIONS/REQUIREMENTS OF FOSTER HOMES***
In order to be considered a foster home for The Last Chance Cat Ranch, and upon approval, you (the potential foster) agree to the following conditions:
• Any animal which requires foster care that is temporarily placed in my home, HAS NOT been adopted by me, and belongs to The Last Chance Cat Ranch.
• I do NOT have permission to re-home, sell, trade, abandon/abuse/neglect the animal in any way, shape, or form. If I can no longer provide foster care for the animal, I will immediately inform The Last Chance Cat Ranch.
• Before administering any veterinary care and/or grooming services, The Last Chance Cat Ranch must approve the vet visit, treatment, or any other services provided by the vet clinic and/or grooming services.
If I take an animal to a vet clinic/groomer for any services without prior permission of The Last Chance Cat Ranch I will be responsible for all costs associated with the visit/services rendered.
• Prior to an animal being placed in my home, I may be required to sign a paper/hard copy version of the foster contract.
Thank you very much for your inquiry. Please note: we are all volunteers and will respond to you as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience, and we value your application!
If you have not heard back within 4-5 days, or are wondering about the status of your application, please email us at: email@example.com.
- LCCR Foster/Adoption Committee